The North Central Massachusetts HCOP (Health Career Opportunity Program) is a selective program that prepares students for careers in the allied health fields. Our area of Massachusetts has a critical need for more allied health workers. Getting a job in one of these careers starts with a career-focused college education.
With HCOP, you can work towards an associate degree in a non-nursing, allied healthcare profession from Mount Wachusett Community College and/or transfer to a bachelor’s degree program.
You have two opportunities to join HCOP:
- A 5-week Summer Pre-Matriculation Program or
- A Year-Long HCOP Ambassador Academy
5-Week Summer Pre-Matriculation Program:
Be one of 20 students who enroll in a 5-days per week, 5-week long college summer program at MWCC that prepares students for a career in a healthcare field.
- Get 5 weeks of field trips, coursework, college advising, and experience at healthcare sites
- Earn a $1000 summer stipend
Year Long Ambassador Program:
Be one of 65 students who have an interest in healthcare professions or is enrolled at MWCC in allied health programs or transfer programs that lead to a bachelor’s degree program.
- Get free MWCC classes
- Earn up to a $1500 scholarship to cover tuition, fees, and books and other educational expenses at MWCC
- You can apply if you are a current MWCC student or a high school student
- High School applicants must be enrolled at one of the following high schools:
- Athol High School
- Ralph C. Mahar Regional High School
- Gardner High School
- Currently enrolled MWCC students must be enrolled in an allied health major or a major that articulates to a bachelor’s degree in an allied health field