The Academic Support Center Provides free tutoring in 3 different styles: walk-in, sign up/show up, and online.
- Read a brief overview of tutoring options, as well as what we can and can’t do, HERE.
- Read about Academic Support Center policies HERE.
During the summer, in person tutoring is only available via the sign up/show up option. Online tutoring is always available!
Sign Up/Show Up Tutoring: Available throughout the year
Call or email us at least 24 hours before the time slot you need a tutor (sign up!) and we will bring someone in for you (show up!). If you do not call or email us ahead of time, there will not be a tutor here! If we don’t have the class you need listed, come see us on the first floor of the Gardner campus library and we will do our best to find a tutor for you.
- Phone: 978-630-9333
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Walk-In Tutoring: Available During the the Fall and Spring Semesters
MATH tutors provide help in all mathematics from arithmetic to calculus and statistics, as well as assistance with mathematical concepts in business, nursing, and natural and social science courses. If you are in need of calculus help make sure to check the schedule and come when there is a tutor that can assist with the course level you need!
WRITING tutors help students apply the basic principles of composition, editing skills, and revision of writing projects in ALL courses.
Online Tutoring: Available throughout the year
Access online ThinkingStorm tutoring through any of your Blackboard classes. Enrolled students are eligible for up to 10 hours of free online tutoring each semester, and additional hours by request.
- Live chat with a tutor, 10AM-4AM, 7 days a week, in Math, Biology (109, 110, 205), Chemistry, and Physics
- Set up an appointment to live chat in Writing, Accounting, Economics, Finance, Nursing, Anatomy and Physiology, Computing, and Spanish
- Submit a paper 24/7 for review
Questions? Call us at 978-630-9333 for assistance.
- Logging in to ThinkingStorm
- Accessing a Live Tutoring Session
- Submitting a Document to the Writing Center
- ThinkingStorm for Students
- ThinkingStorm for Faculty and Staff
The Academic Support Center has a Level One certification through the College Reading and Learning Association, which sponsors the International Tutor Training Program Certification (ITTPC).