Emergency Medical Technician
The Basic EMT training program is the basic course for Emergency Medical Technician/ambulance that follows the guidelines outlined by the United States Department of Health Education and Welfare in conjunction with the National Traffic Safety Administration, Department of Transportation. This is a lecture, discussion, demonstration, and practical application of the knowledge and skill necessary to care for individuals who have life-threatening emergencies and injuries. CRN: 13122
The Basic EMT will include, but not be limited to:
- Common medical emergencies
- Working with child patients
- Lifting and moving patients
- Environmental emergencies
- Extrication from automobiles
This course satisfies the requirements for the psycho-motor exam required by the Massachusetts Office of Emergency Medicine and the written exam administered by the National Registry of EMT as an EMT-Basic. Students must attain a 73 or better grade average to qualify for the psycho-motor and/or written exam. Test fees are not included in tuition.
Tuition: $1,400.00 (includes book) No Tuition Waivers
Instructor: Greg Lambert
May 27th – August 26th, 2020, Mondays and Wednesdays from 5pm – 10pm
MWCC Devens Campus
Certified Nurse Assistant (CNA) Training Program
- Completely FREE for eligible individuals
- Take the first steps toward building a career in healthcare
- Obtain employment in a high demand field
- Participants will also obtain their 2-year certifications in CPR, First Aid and AED
- After successful completion of the course, students will be eligible to take the practical and written certification exams to become a certified nurse assistant in Massachusetts.
All potential students must meet with a counselor to review policies and complete enrollment forms.
- Have a high school diploma
- Meet eligibility guidelines
- Show proof of residency
- Submit signed health evaluation form
Check Back Regularly for New Class Offerings Including CNA, EMT and EMS
Frequently Asked Questions
When are classes scheduled?
Please refer to our online listing of individual professional development classes.
What is the refund policy for noncredit classes?
Please refer to the noncredit class bulletin for our refund policy.
How do I withdraw from a class?
Call 978-630-9525 in order to withdraw from a noncredit class.
How do I learn about cancellations?
Please refer to the noncredit class bulletin for cancellation information.