Job Title: Campus Police Officer I
Agency Name: Department of Mental Health
Location: Worcester, MA
Application Deadline: 8/31/19 or until filled
Salary: $38,706.98 – $50,399.96 Yearly
Job Description: The Worcester Recovery Center and Hospital is seeking a Campus Police Officer to patrol buildings, grounds and parking lots of the Worcester Recovery Center and Hospital and enforce the laws of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts as well as the rules, regulations and policies of the Department of Mental Health.
Specific duties include:
- Patrols the buildings and grounds of the Worcester Recovery Center and Hospital at regular intervals and guards against trespass, theft, and damage to property
- Exercises police powers in the detection and apprehension of law violators; investigates accidents and complaints; patrols roads of the Worcester Recovery Center and Hospital, enforcing motor vehicle laws of the Commonwealth
- Serves court summons to staff and clients
- Performs police duties at facility functions
- Prepares daily reports and conducts investigations on incidents occurring during tour of duty. Assists state and local police when necessary
- Escorts forensic clients to court and assorted appointments
- Maintains order among staff, visitors and clients
- Searches for A.W.A. clients; escorts clients and return them to the facility
- Provides safety escorts for staff, visitors and clients as necessary
- Special Requirements: Possession of a current and valid Massachusetts Motor Vehicle Operator’s License or equivalent license from the state in which you reside
These positions are full-time, 40 hours per week, 2nd Shift Days off are varied.
Bilingual or multilingual fluency. Candidates must be able to read, write and otherwise communicate in English. ASL preferred.
As applicable, preference for this position will be given to those candidates who are eligible for Civil Service/ConTest Reinstatement/Reemployment or to those candidates who have passed the civil service examination for this job title, and who respond to the job certification that was recently issued for this location, and/or to employees laid off or bumped from this title who are eligible for recall, and in accordance with Article 14 or applicable Collective bargaining requirements.
A criminal background check will be completed on the recommended candidate as required by the regulations set forth by the Executive Office of Health and Human Services prior to the candidate being hired. For more information, please visit http://www.mass.gov/hhs/cori
Education, licensure and certifications will be verified in accordance with the Human Resources Division’s Hiring Guidelines
Education and license/certification information provided by the selected candidate (s) is subject to the Massachusetts Public Records Law and may be published on the Commonwealth’s website.
Located on over 100 acres in Worcester, Massachusetts, Worcester Recovery Center and Hospital (WRCH) is part of an integrated network of effective, efficient and culturally competent mental health services. It provides intermediate and long-term inpatient care for individuals with serious and persistent mental illness who live in Massachusetts, as well as individuals requiring specialized court ordered evaluations.
For additional information, please call Carolyn Burnett, Human Resources at (508) 368-3596).
- First consideration will be given to those applicants that apply within the first 14 days
- Minimum Entrance Requirements: None
- Special Requirements: Possession of a current and valid Massachusetts Class D Motor Vehicle Operator’s License
- Appointee must be eligible for appointment as a special police officer under Chapter 22C, Section 60 (DPH) and Section 59 (DMH & DMR) of the Massachusetts General Laws
An Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. Females, minorities, veterans, and persons with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
For the full job description, or to apply, go online: https://massanf.taleo.net/careersection/ex/jobdetail.ftl?job=190005WC